5,400,000 (2013 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $ 255.6 billion (2012 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $ 47,511 (2012 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
4.3% (2012 est.)
- Financial services
- Oil drilling equipment
- Petroleum refining
US $375.95 billion (2012 est.)
- Machinery and transport equipment
- Mineral Fuels
- Miscellaneous manufactured articles
- Manufactured goods
US $225.90 billion (2012 est.)
- Mineral fuels
- Electronic components and parts
- Chemicals and chemical products
- Miscellaneous manufactured products
Alberta's exports to Singapore:
CDN $140.6 million (2013)
Alberta's main exports to Singapore:
- Animal feed/animal fats and oils
A summary of Alberta's relationship with Singapore.
Sector opportunities for Alberta businesses interested in exporting their products
- Agrifood: In 2012, Alberta agri-food exports to Singapore totaled $21 million, increased by 56.5%. Alberta tallow exports continue to increase at a considerable rate. Revenue in 2012 nearly tripled that of 2011.
- Energy: Singapore’s strategic location at the entrance to the Strait of Malacca is the shortest sea route for oil shipments from the Persian Gulf suppliers to Asian markets, specifically to one of the world’s fastest growing economies - China. Alberta has had significant sales of petroleum and gas equipment through Singapore. Many sales have resulted from participation in the 2000 Offshore South-East Asia Oil Show in Singapore, as well as numerous education arrangements focused on training programs.
- Information Communication Technology (ICT): Research, collaboration and partnerships have been identified as fruitful opportunities for Alberta. Singapore’s ICT sector offers opportunities in mobile technologies, broadband and next generation applications, digital media, communications security, and e-commerce solutions and services
- Emerging Opportunities: Areas of interest for Alberta companies in Singapore include: electrical equipment, transport equipment, environmental goods and services, chemicals and mineral fuels and petroleum and gas equipment. Opportunities exist for Alberta to export equipment and components for manufacturing and assembling products to Singapore.
Date Updated: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 11:05:20