82,079,636 (July 2011 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $500.9 billion (2010 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $6,200 (2010 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
5.3% (2010 est.)
- Food processing
- Light manufactures
US $46.52 billion (2010 est.)
- Machinery and equipment
- Wood products
US $25.34 billion (2010 est.)
- Crude oil and petroleum products
- Metal products
Alberta's exports to Egypt:
CDN $45.8 million (2010)
Alberta's main exports to Egypt:
- Boring or sinking and other machinery parts
- Cast iron tube or pipe fittings
- Milk/cream powder
- Non-stainless steel casings and tubing for oil or gas drilling
- Mobile cranes
- Other machinery
Canada's main exports to Egypt:
- Iron or steel articles
- Soya beans
Information about Egypt
- CIA World Factbook
- Detailed information about Egypt's economy, political system and history.
- Energy Information Administration
- Energy profile for Egypt.
- Alberta's International Trade Review
- An analysis of Alberta's international exports of goods and services. Published by Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Trade Data Online
- Customized reports on Canada's trade with over 200 countries.
Alberta companies are currently involved in CIDA-funded joint ventures in waste recycling, sales of drilling equipment and services, and production of chemicals.
- World Relations
- A summary of Alberta's relationship with Egypt.
Sector opportunities for Alberta businesses interested in exporting their products
- Oil and gas field machinery: There are opportunities for Canadian petroleum companies, in areas such as:
- Exploration in deep formations
- Recovery of heavy oil fields
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Sale of drilling services or equipment
- Horizontal drilling
- New techniques in well injection
- Well logging
- Corrosion technology
- Seismic technologies
- Alberta firms can also find equipment sale opportunities in:
- Centrifugal pumps
- Power generators
- Pressure vessels
- Control instrumentation/wireless
- Gas turbines
- Reciprocating compressors
- Centrifugal compressors
- Heat exchangers
- Line pipes
- Compressors and air compressors
Services for exporters
- Canada Business
- Online tool for new and experienced exporters.
- The Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown corporation that promotes and facilitates international trade on behalf of Canadian industry.
- Export Alert!
- A resource for exporters to learn about changes in foreign export regulations.
- Export resources
- Resources for both new and experienced exporters.
- International Trade Canada
- Sector reports as well as a list of staff contacts that can assist exporters.
Services in Egypt
Date Updated: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:55:32