The European Union's (EU) 27 member states include:
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
492,387,344 (July 2010 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $14.91 trillion (2010 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $32,900 (2010 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
1.8% (2010 est.)
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metal production and processing
- Metal products
- Rail transportation equipment
- Passenger and commercial vehicles
- Construction equipment
- Industrial equipment
- Electrical power equipment
- Machine tools and automated manufacturing systems
- Electronics and telecommunications equipment
- Food and beverage processing
US $1.69 trillion; note - external imports, excluding intra-EU trade (2007)
- Crude oil
US $1.952 trillion; note - external exports, excluding intra-EU trade (2007)
- Motor vehicles
- Pharmaceuticals and other chemicals
- Iron and steel
- Nonferrous metals
- Wood pulp and paper products
- Dairy products
- Alcoholic beverages
Alberta's exports to EU:
CDN $1,182.1 million (2010)
Alberta's main exports to EU:
- Turbo-propellers and other machinery
- Medical instruments
- Electrical machinery
- Mineral fuel and oil
- Wood pulp
- Inorganic chemicals
- Animal feed
- Grain, seed and fruit
- Iron and steel products
- Animal products
Canada's main exports to EU:
- Canary seed
- Alberta's International Trade Review
- An analysis of Alberta's international exports of goods and services. Published by Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Trade Data Online
- Customized reports on Canada's trade with over 200 countries.
The Canada-EFTA (European Free Trade Association) Free Trade Agreement eliminates tariff and non-tariff barriers between Canada and the four countries of the EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). Since July 1st 2009, tariffs have been eliminated on non-agricultural merchandise exports and reduced on agricultural merchandise exports. This Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is the first one with the European countries and might be the first step toward an agreement with the European Union.
Traveling between Europe and Alberta will be made even more convenient thanks to Edmonton's new non-stop service to Reykjavik, Iceland, with easy connecting service to many high demand European locations. The service is provided by Iceland Air and is scheduled to run from March 2014 until at least January 2015.
Summaries of Alberta's relationship with members of the European Union.
Services for exporters
- Canada Business
- Online tool for new and experienced exporters.
- The Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown corporation that promotes and facilitates international trade on behalf of Canadian industry.
- Export Alert!
- A resource for exporters to learn about changes in foreign export regulations.
- Export resources
- Resources for both new and experienced exporters.
- International Trade Canada
- Sector reports as well as a list of staff contacts that can assist exporters.
Services in Europe
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- Gateway to the EU
- European Electrical and Electrotechnical Standardization
- European Committee for Standardization
- New Approach Standardization in the Internal Market
Date Updated: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:56:16