International financial institutions (IFIs)
International Financial Institutions (IFIs) are formal international lending agencies that operate across country boundaries.
- They help promote entrepreneurship and foster trade within foreign markets.
- They are the largest source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries stimulating economic growth and development.
- They can play an integral role in the development of international activities for Alberta's private sector.
Government of Alberta provides Alberta businesses with:
- Access to information on projects financed by IFIs
- Market intelligence and key contacts for IFIs
- Seminars to help Alberta companies in expanding their export horizons
Learn more about these international financial institutions:
- African Development Bank Group (Contact)
- Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development (Contact)
- Asian Development Bank (Contact)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (Contact)
- Inter-American Development Bank (Contact)
- Islamic Development Bank (Contact)
- North American Development Bank (Contact)
- World Bank Group (Contact)
International market profiles
Explore statistics, market information and opportunities for dozens of countries and regions around the world.
International trade resources
Discover the many organizations and agreements that help exporters broaden their market potential and establish global trade relations.
Date Updated: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:27:53