16,847,007 (July 2011 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $680.4 billion (2010 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $40,500 (2010 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
1.7% (2010 est.)
- Metal and engineering products
- Electrical machinery and equipment
US $408.4 billion (2010 est.)
- Machinery and transport equipment
US $451.3 billion (2010 est.)
- Machinery and equipment
Alberta's exports to Netherlands:
CAN $461.5 million (2010)
Alberta's main exports to Netherlands:
- Bovine semen
- Wood pulp
- Radio navigational aid apparatus
- Fescue seeds
- Automatic data processing machines
- Boring or sinking machinery
- Engine parts
- Concrete or mortar mixers
- Parts of taps, cocks, valves
- Other machinery and parts
Canada's main exports to Netherlands:
- Petroleum oils
- Rail locomotives
- Soya beans
Information about Netherlands
- CIA World Factbook
- Detailed information about Netherlands's economy, political system and history.
- Alberta's International Trade Review
- An analysis of Alberta's international exports of goods and services. Published by Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Trade Data Online
- Customized reports on Canada's trade with over 200 countries.
- World Relations
- A summary of Alberta's relationship with Netherlands.
Sector opportunities for Alberta businesses interested in exporting their products
Information & communications technologies (ICT): Due to its significant manufacturing and services base, the Netherlands offers opportunities for Alberta companies interested in the enterprise market in areas such as wireless broadband and software for business processes or industrial controls/automation.
Services for exporters
- Canada Business
- Online tool for new and experienced exporters.
- The Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown corporation that promotes and facilitates international trade on behalf of Canadian industry.
- Electronic Business Intelligence Service
- Online source for export market intelligence, international company profiles, business opportunities, reports and web links
- Export Alert!
- A resource for exporters to learn about changes in foreign export regulations.
- Export resources
- Resources for both new and experienced exporters.
- International Trade Canada
- Sector reports as well as a list of staff contacts that can assist exporters.
Services in Netherlands
The Netherlands and Alberta have significant bilateral investments. Dutch companies such as Anglo-Dutch Shell and Harimex have investments in the energy and agrifood industry.
Electronic business information system
Explore export market intelligence, international company profiles, business opportunities and resources.
Date Updated: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 11:07:54