46,754,784 (July 2011 est.)
GDP (purchasing power parity):
US $1.376 trillion (2010 est.)
GDP per capita (PPP):
US $29,700 (2010 est.)
GDP (real growth rate):
-0.2% (2010 est.)
- Textiles and apparel (including footwear)
- Food and beverages
- Metals and metal manufactures
- Machine tools
- Clay and refractory products
- Medical equipment
US $324.6 billion (2010 est.)
- Machinery and equipment
- Semi-finished goods
- Consumer goods
- Measuring and medical control instruments
US $268.3 billion (2010 est.)
- Motor vehicles
- Other consumer goods
Alberta's exports to Spain:
CAN $27.3 million (2010)
Alberta's main exports to Spain:
- Dog or cat food
- Radio navigational aid apparatus
- Spectrometers and others using optical radiations
- Polymers of ethylene
- Fescue seeds
- Voice, image and data recognition
- X-ray apparatus
- Gas or smoke analysis apparatus
- Plastic tubes, pipes and hoses
- Parts of cranes, work-trucks and other construction equipment
- Bovine semen
- Parts for surveying instruments
- Magnetic media
Canada's main exports to Spain:
- Petroleum oils
Information about Spain
- CIA World Factbook
- Detailed information about Spain's economy, political system and history.
- Energy Information Administration
- Energy profile for Spain.
- Alberta's International Trade Review
- An analysis of Alberta's international exports of goods and services. Published by Alberta International and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Trade Data Online
- Customized reports on Canada's trade with over 200 countries.
- World Relations
- A summary of Alberta's relationship with Spain.
Over the past five years, Alberta exports to Spain averaged $65 million and included nickel, peas, wheat, and gas compressors.
Sector opportunities for Alberta businesses interested in exporting their products
Information and communications technologies (ICT): Spain offers opportunities for Alberta companies interested in the wireless and enterprise markets in areas such as wireless broadband, wireless applications, or software for business processes or industrial controls/automation.
Services for exporters
- Canada Business
- Online tool for new and experienced exporters.
- The Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Crown corporation that promotes and facilitates international trade on behalf of Canadian industry.
- Export Alert!
- A resource for exporters to learn about changes in foreign export regulations.
- Export resources
- Resources for both new and experienced exporters.
- International Trade Canada
- Sector reports as well as a list of staff contacts that can assist exporters.
Services in Spain
Date Updated: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 10:47:02