News Archive 2010
- AwareBase Tina Now Manages DD CC130 Hercules Parts Data (Source: AwareBase, December 17, 2010).
- Edmonton IT solutions company AwareBase announced the successful rollout of additional Tina features and functions enabling secure and controlled management of parts of bill of material data and information for the Canadian Department of National Defence CC130 Hercules aircraft.
- The Western Aerospace Alliance (WAA) becomes the Canada West Aerospace & Defence Industries Association (CWADIA) (PDF. Source: CWADIA)
- ATCO Wins NATO Contract for Military Camp Support Services at Kandahar Airfield (Source: ATCO, November 30,
- ATCO Structures & Logistics has been awarded a three year contract to manage water, waste water, and solid waste for NATO at Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan.
- AeroMechanical Services Ltd. Helps Small Go Big (Source: The Howard Group, Nov. 26, 2010).
- AeroMechanical is making advances in a new technology called OpenPort, which will increase the data being transmitted off an aircraft.
- AeroMechanical Services Ltd. Announces Expansion of Middle East Military C-130 fairs™ Agreement (Source: News Wire, Oct. 22, 2010).
- AeroMechanical Services Ltd.'s contract to supply fairs™ and UpTime™ data to the Middle East military C-130 Hercules operator has been amended to add three additional aircraft to the 20 already under contract.
- American Airlines and WestJet Announce Commercial Agreement (Source: News Wire, Oct. 20, 2010).
- WestJet's first interline agreement with a U.S. airline will open up travel to more cities in Canada for American customers by allowing American Airlines customers travelling to Canada and transferring to a WestJet flight to purchase a single ticket and check their bags through to their final destination.
- Hawker Beechcraft Services Offers Satellite Monitoring System on Hawker 125 Series Aircraft (Source: Hawker Beechcract, Oct. 19, 2010).
- Through an agreement with Calgary-based company AeroMechanical, Hawker Beechcraft Services is offering automated flight information reporting on fielded Hawker 125 series business jets.
- International Aviation Body Cites Advantage of AeroMechanical Technology (Source: Business Wire, Oct. 19, 2010).
- In an interim report, the European Oceanic Position Tracking Improvement and Monitoring (OPTIMI) program has cited AeroMechanical's technology as a solution for the airline industry's need for improved aircraft tracking services in the Atlantic and on demand data streaming.
- Calgary company wins CF-18 contract (Source: CTV news). Calgary-based company Harris Canada Inc. has been awarded a $273-million contract to maintain Canada's CF-18 hornet fleet.
- Government of Canada Launches New Program to Kickstart Innovation and Support Business Success (PDF, September 2010, Source: Public Works and Government Services Canada). Through the Canadian Innovation Commercialization Program (IRCCP), federal departments and agencies will test innovative products and services in environment, health, safety and security, and enabling technologies.
- U.S. privatization of space exploration could be one giant step for Canada (PDF, August 2010, Source: Calgary Herald). Canadian industries are poised to cash in on the U.S. privatization of space exploration, say industry experts.
- Aviation Primed for Takeoff (Source: Globe and Mail). The commercial aviation industry is showing signs of recovery with airlines, manufacturers and airports all showing signs of growth.
- Collaborating for Success: Aerospace Innovation in Western Canada (PDF, July 2010).
- A summary of the latest innovations and progress of the Aerospace and Defence industry in Western Canada, prepared by the Canada West Aerospace & Defence Industries Association.
- Minister Clement Highlights Canada’s Role Within Global Aerospace Value Chains at Farnborough 2010 (Source: Government of Canada). Minister Tony Clement's keynote address to Canadian Companies at the 2010 Farnborough International Airshow outlined how the Government of Canada is helping to position Canadian aerospace firms as choice suppliers to major aircraft platforms.
- Alberta Hitting the Trail (PDF, July 2010).
- Editor Richard Gardner of Aerospace International looks at the aerospace and defence companies centred in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Police surveillance robot in action (Source: Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) Video Gallery). NAIT is developing a prototype low-cost tactical robot for emergency/first responder services.
- Despite Spar's departure, insiders say the aerospace industry is poised for resurgence (Source: Alberta Venture, July 2010).
- The growing field of Space Tourism could generate new opportunities for Alberta's Aerospace Industry.
- How UAVs will change Aviation (Source: Aviation Week, June 2010).
- Demand is growing for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, creating opportunities for companies in the field.
- Cold Lake Hot Shots (PDF, June 2010).
- An article featured in the June 2010 issue of Aerospace International highlighting Alberta's Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment, Maple Flag, Cold Lake Air Weapons Range and much more.
- A Better Approach (PDF, May 2010).
- An article featured in the May 2010 issue of Aerospace International highlighting JetPro, an Alberta business designing GPS approaches for Canada's Wide Area Augmentation System.
- Wide-open Skies (PDF, May 2010).
- In an article featured in the May 2010 issue of Aerospace International, the Alberta Professional Pilot Trainers discuss the Alberta training advantage.
- 6th Annual Aviation Alberta Conference and Trade Show Looks to the Past, Envisions the Future (PDF, January 2010).
- In this article featured in the Career Development Association of Alberta's Career Momentum newsletter, Michelle Stirling-Anosh discusses the 6th Annual Aviation Alberta Conference and Trade Show, the history of Alberta's aviation industry and where it is going.
Alberta Trade and Investment Attraction Mission to Commercial UAV Expo 2018
Find out more information about the Alberta organizations being featured at the Commercial UAV Expo October 1-3, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Alberta Trade and Investment Attraction Mission to Farnborough International Air Show 2018
Find out more information about the Alberta organizations being featured at the Farnborough International Air Show July 16 – 22, 2018 in Farnborough, UK.
Alberta Trade and Investment Attraction Mission to AUVSI 2018
Find out more information about the Alberta companies being featured at the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Xponential 2018 on May 1-3, 2018 in Denver, Colorado.
Alberta Trade and Investment Attraction Mission to FIDAE 2018
Find out more information about all the Alberta organizations featured at the International Air and Space Fair (FIDAE) on April 3 - 8, 2018 in Santiago, Chile.
Aerospace and defence profile
Read a comprehensive profile on Alberta's aerospace and defence industry.
Date Updated: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 12:03:04