Aerospace and defence
The players in Alberta's aerospace sector are competitive nationally and in the world market: our companies are expanding into new markets as well as offering supply chain opportunities to multi-national OEMs wishing to expend their Industrial and Regional Benefit obligations. With increasing globalization, Alberta's value as an aerospace and defence industry hub will continue to grow.
For industry facts, opportunities and resources, see:
About the industry
Want to learn about the industry? Access basic information and statistics on Alberta’s Aerospace and defence industry and its subsectors.
Looking for Aerospace and defence companies in Alberta? The cluster map identifies A&D companies, organized by sectors.
Want to know what’s new in the industry? See our Aerospace and defence news section.
Want to do business with the industry? Learn what opportunities are available by attending industry events and conferences, and accessing purchasing and procurement opportunities and market reports.
If you would like to know more about the aerospace and defence industry in Alberta and don't know where to start, please contact:
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
- Geoff Ritchie - Director, Aerospace and Defence Technologies
- Betty Jandewerth - Advanced Industries: Europe
- Orest Warchola - Advanced Industries: United States
- Julia Mah - Advanced Industries: China & Hong Kong
- Ryan Radke - Advanced Industries: Middle East
- Benigno Rojas-Morena - Advanced Industries: Latin America
- Fabricio Lima - Advanced Industries: Southeast Asia/Oceania
- Michael Couch - Trade and investment: Japan, Korea and Taiwan
Featured companies at the Paris Air Show
Find out more information about all the Alberta organizations being featured at the Paris Air Show on June 19-25, 2017 in Le Bourget, Paris.
Aerospace and defence profile
Read a comprehensive profile on Alberta's aerospace and defence industry.
Date Updated: Fri, 16 May 2014 02:16:50