Procurement and Contracting Opportunities
- Electronic Plan Room (EPR)
Public access to construction procurement opportunities is available via the Electronic Plan Room (EPR). Tendering authorities are encouraged to provide project tender information and documents to the EPR at no charge. A nominal fee is charged for downloading or printing hardcopy tender documents. You can access the EPR through:
Alberta Purchasing Connection
The Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC) is an easy to use tool that lets public and private sector users manage, advertise, distribute and download public purchasing opportunities for goods, services and construction for the Government of Alberta.
Link2Build - an online portal that consolidates construction bidding opportunities from the electronic plansrooms of local construction associations across the county was launched in February 2011. It is a single window through which contractors gain access to more than 20,000 private and public-sector bid opportunities in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the Atlantic provinces.
Alberta and International Trade Shows
For a list of upcoming 2018 industry events in which Alberta Government will be in attendance, please download the Building Products - Key Industry Events List.
Building4Change Weekly Newsletter: Weekly news from the United Kingdom related to sustainability, innovation and best practice in the built environment.
Ireland Construction Industry Federation Newsletter (November 4, 2013). Featuring: House prices soaring faster than in boom, and why house price inflation won't cool any time soon.
- Creating a Green and Sustainable Britain: Opportunities for Canadian Industry
- The following is a presentation by Jason Kee, a Trade Commissioner with the Canadian High Commission in London, UK. Jason joined the High Commission in 1998 to develop markets for the Canadian construction and building product sector. With Britain's commitment to carbon reduction through the construction sector, Jason has particularly focused on the green build sector, working with a number of well-known Canadian companies to establish their business links in the UK.
- Within Europe, Britain is leading the way in creating a low-carbon economy and the construction sector is key to this endeavor. The UK Government has set out ambitious targets for its industry which will see all new homes built to a zero-carbon standard by 2016 and all buildings by 2019. Earlier this year, Britain outlined its most ambitious objective to date. The Great British Refurb a long-term strategy to renovate all existing buildings to a zero-carbon standard by 2050. This seminar will explore Britain’s plan and outline areas of opportunity to the Canadian Greenbuild sector including market entry strategies and best practices.
Audio Presentation (44:07)
- The Exporting your products section of this website has information about exporting opportunities for Alberta Businesses. To learn more about these opportunities, browse the International market profiles.
For opportunities in Alberta’s Green Building sector, see Green opportunities.
Industry sector profile
Read a comprehensive profile on Alberta’s building products and technologies industry.
Alberta Building Company Profiles
Find out more about the Alberta Building Products and Technologies company profiles.
Alberta wood products
Green Building Products and Technologies
Learn about the strength and development of Alberta's emerging green building industry.
Date Updated: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 02:38:14