The engineering industry is strong in Alberta thanks to the large investment in capital projects. Alberta boasts the highest per-capita ratio of engineers in the population in Canada and one of the highest in North America.
There are over 67,000 engineers and geoscience professionals registered in the province with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) and there are over 16,500 applied science and engineering technicians and technologists who have registered with the Alberta Society of Engineering Technologists (ASET).
A strong, dynamic sector
The sector includes single, dual and multi-disciplined firms offering engineering and technical services, with or without procurement and construction functions. Firms in Alberta are experienced in the following specialized disciplines:
- civil, municipal and structural engineering
- geological and geo-technical engineering
- mechanical, electrical and process engineering for hydrocarbon resource development and upgrading
- petroleum and reservoir engineering
- transportation and environmental engineering
Industry sector profile
Read a comprehensive profile on Alberta’s engineering and construction industry.
Date Updated: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:02:53