- Alberta Industrial Sector Market Opportunities Report (PDF, June 2010): This McKinsey & Company report is an assessment of significant economic growth opportunities in Alberta. The report reviews growth options in nine of Alberta's leading industrial sectors, including the metal manufacturing industry.
- Alberta Metal Fabrication and Machinery Manufacturing: Sector Overview (PDF, August 2008): This report was sponsored by Alberta Finance and Enterprise, Calgary Economic Development, the Central Alberta Regional Innovation Network and Edmonton Economic Development Corporation to support the growth of the metal fabrication and manufacturing industry in Alberta by determining its present status and future prospects.
- Alberta Pressure Vessel Manufacturing Sector: Benchmarking Report 2008 (PDF, April 2008): The pressure vessel manufacturing industry plays a critical role in the development of oil sands and its resultant downstream processing. This report provides Alberta pressure vessel manufacturing companies with insight on their relative competitive positioning within a global context.
Industry innovation support
Alberta’s companies want to take advantage of present market opportunities and engage in future competition for global business. Alberta Economic Development and Trade is pleased to partner with industry to develop practical, bottom-line enhancing innovations to ensure ongoing success.
- Connectica: Alberta's web portal connecting innovators to funding, programs, services, and more.
- Innovating for Productivity: Go Productivity presents Innovating Productivity, a workshop to help companies measure their skills and capacity for innovation, and give employees the tools to build innovation into company operations. The workshop is aimed at mid-size companies looking to establish a rejuvenate an innovation program in their organization, and includes an assessment with a follow-up half-day workshop that provides a plan for addressing productivity gaps and integrating innovation into the organization.
- Canadian Centre for Welding & Joining: The research done in the Canadian Centre for Welding and Joining (CCWJ) focuses on productivity, weldability, automation, and performance. Introducing new processes, procedures, materials, and technologies, researching difficult-to-weld materials such as aged and embrittled alloys, and examining non-destructive testing, corrosion, and fracture issues are some of the areas addressed within the centre. The CCWJ is also a partner in the AMFI Program.
- Alberta Steel Manufacturers: The Alberta Steel Manufacturers (ASM) industry group promotes a thriving Alberta steel manufacturing industry that provides the best value option for construction and maintenance projects.Alberta Steel Manufacturers provides a vehicle for multi-stakeholder dialogue between suppliers, owners and others to explore how to strengthen and improve supply chains.
- Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters: CME is Canada's largest industry and trade association, offering services to manufacturing and exporting firms.
- The Canadian Institute of Steel Construction (CISC): CISC is the national industry organization representing the structural steel, open web steel joist and steel plate work fabricating industries.
- Alberta Pressure Vessel Manufacturers' Association (APVMA): The Alberta Pressure Vessel Manufacturers' Association (APVMA) was formed in 1987 by members of Alberta's pressure vessel and heat exchanger industry to provide a forum for communication and discussion on issues concerning the industry. The pressure equipment industry in Alberta produces world-class pressure vessels and heat exchangers for both Alberta and Canada-wide markets and exports product to the United States and more than 40 other countries around the globe.
- The Canadian Welding Association (CWA): The Canadian Welding Association (CWA) is a not-for-profit division of the CWB Group. The CWA was formed as a national membership driven association, mandated to promoting and supporting the welding and joining industry in Canada.
- The Exporting your products section of the website has information about exporting opportunities for Alberta Businesses. To learn more about these opportunities, browse the International market profiles.
For additional information about government programs and financing, visit: The Business Link, a not-for-profit organization supported by the Government of Canada and the Government of Alberta that provides services and information to small businesses in Alberta.
For more information about Alberta opportunities in the industrial manufacturing industry, visit:
- Albertametal.ca: The albertametal.ca website provides accurate and timely information on Alberta's metal fabrication industry to enhance your competitiveness and overall growth opportunities.
- Go Productivity: Some of Alberta’s key opportunities and challenges are emerging through company efforts to improve productivity and competitiveness. To learn more about the services available, please visit Go Productivity.
- National Buyer Seller Forum: The annual National Buyer/Seller Forum is a joint government/industry supply chain development initiative. Energy producers, manufacturers and suppliers from across Canada and the globe meet at the forum to generate new business and share best practices.
- Oil Sands Trade Show and Conference: Since 1985, Oil Sands Trade Show & Conference has been the business gateway to the oil sands community. Focusing on the entire supply chain, attendees and exhibitors gather together to source new technologies, services and products, gain new contacts and maintain current ones, and get face to face with key decision makers. Held in the heart of the oil sands sector, the Oil Sands Trade Show & Conference is the premier business-to-business platform.
Industry sector profile
Read a comprehensive profile on Alberta’s industrial manufacturing industry.
Unlocking the Prize
Analyze Alberta‘s oil sands supply chain opportunities for the metal fabrication sector.
Date Updated: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 02:30:50