Alberta has the potential to become the world’s leading energy provider. It has a world-class resource next to the largest market in the world. Only 21 per cent of the world’s proven oil reserves are accessible to private sector investment (not state controlled) of which more than half (53%) are in Alberta’s oil sands, which represents considerable investment opportunities in Alberta’s oil sands.
Alberta offers a politically stable and fiscally competitive environment for oil and gas industry development with competitive corporate taxes. According to the Competitiveness Council 2010 Benchmarking study, Alberta has a sound foundation for competitiveness – specifically in living standards, economic well-being, taxes and fiscal policy.
|Crude Bitumen||167.9 billion barrels||704 million barrels|
|Crude Oil||1.7 billion barrels||204 million barrels|
|Conventional Natural Gas||33 trillion cubic feet||3.4 trillion cubic feet|
|Coalbed Methane||2.0 trillion cubic feet||292 billion cubic feet|
|Coal||37 billion tons||31 million tons|
- Canada Energy Supply Chain Forum: The website for the annual Canada Energy Supply Chain Forum an event that brings together Oil sands executives and supply chain leaders with Canada's leading suppliers.
- Nickle’s Canadian Oil Register: Information about the oil industry featuring a listing of companies, a buyer’s guide for products and services, weekly energy news, and statistics.
- Nickle's Data Central: Energy statistics, a listing of daily well licences and weekly drilling reports for Canada, brought to you by JuneWarren-Nickle’s Energy Group.
- P.O.S.T. Report: The Project Opportunity Sourcing & Tracking Report provides monthly and quarterly information on oilpatch projects.
- Rig Locator: A listing of drilling and service rigs and rig activity in Canada.
- The Heavy Oil and Oil Sands Guidebook and Directory is published annually by the JuneWarren-Nickle’s Energy Group to advise on the state of the heavy oil and oil sands industry in Canada.
- Unconventional Resource Guidebook is a one-stop source for information related to shale gas, tight oil and other unconventional resources in Canada.
- Going for Green: The Environmental Innovations Guidebook & Directory is at the forefront of environmental innovation in the oil and gas industry. This publication is a collaboration between the Canadian Heavy Oil Association, the Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources, the Alberta Government and JuneWarren-Nickle's Energy Group.
- Oil and gas and shale gas opportunities in China:
- Unconventional Resource Development in China: Opportunities and Challenges for the Canadian Oil and Gas Service Sector: Download this presentation for information on how to take advantage of oil and gas and shale gas market opportunities in China. Global Petroleum Show: The website for the annual Global Petroleum Show and Conference which runs in June.
- The Exporting your products section of the website has information about exporting opportunities for Alberta Businesses. To learn more about these opportunities, browse the International market profiles.
Industry Seminar in China
Learn more about the Alberta China Unconventional Energy Resources (Shale Gas) Industry Seminar.
Industry sector profile
Read a comprehensive profile on Alberta’s oil and gas technology and services industry.
Meet the experts series
Download presentations by industry experts are speaking to government on the challenges and opportunities faced by Alberta industries.
Date Updated: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 01:32:03