Alberta sustainable resource development
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development (SRD) encourages balanced and responsible use of Alberta's natural resources. Sustainable Resource Development:
- Fights forest fires
- Manages fish and wildlife
- Oversees the development of forests
- Manages the use of public lands
Companies planning to engage in industrial activities on public land must get surface access approval from SRD. Companies may also require surface dispositions for resource extraction purposes (petroleum, natural gas, oil sands and coal development).
- SRD manages legislation for the responsible management of Alberta's natural resources. The Public Lands Act and Surface Rights Act are most relevant to companies who want to invest in Alberta’s energy sector.
- Land management
- SRD guides the land use application process. The Lands Division manages approvals for activities on public land.
- Surface Rights Board
- The Surface Rights Act authorizes the Surface Rights Board to handle inquiries into disputes over access to land.
- Land Compensation Board
- The Land Compensation Board determines the compensation due to landowners and tenants where land has been expropriated by an authority.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:27:56