- Bank Act
- The Bank Act is federal legislation that governs bank operations in Canada. The Bank Act also specifies types of securities banks are permitted to take.
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- Canadian federal legislation governs bankruptcy. The Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act applies to both individuals and businesses.
- The Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act
- The Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act is federal legislation that allows a company to restructure to avoid a bankruptcy. Creditors may intervene to enforce remedies and receive some amount owing to them from that company.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:51:36