The Canadian banking market is highly developed. Canada’s banks offer a full range of banking, investment and financial services. They generally offer both operating and term financing.
Many Canadian banks have branch operations in all major cities. Many foreign banks have also established subsidiary operations in Canada.
- Banks in Canada
- The Canadian Bankers Association (CBA) has valuable information about Canada's banking industry. It provides the names, locations and website links for domestic banks, foreign bank subsidiaries and foreign bank branch operations in Canada.
- Banking legislation
- Understand the legislation that governs Canada’s financial sector.
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- The Canada Small Business Financing Program works with financial institutions to encourage financing for small businesses.
- Financial institutions and markets
- The Canadian Department of Finance provides information about financial institutions in Canada as well as market information.
- Financing your business
- Canada Business provides information about the many types of government and private sector financing available.
- General financing information
- The Business Link provides a collection of resources and advice for many types of financing.
- How to get money for your business
- Canada Business provides a search engine for financial providers, information on different types of financing and tips to help secure financing.
- Steps to Growth Capital
- Canada Business provides a guide to help you develop the plan and materials to seek the equity financing you need.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:57:01