Bringing foreign workers to Alberta
Immigration to Canada falls under federal jurisdiction. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) administers the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).
International companies establishing operations in Alberta can transfer employees on a temporary basis from their operations elsewhere in the world through an intra-company transfer.
- Alberta’s Official Immigration Website
- Alberta Employment and Immigration provides information, education and guidance that helps employers attract, recruit and retain foreign workers.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- CIC has information for employers who recruit foreign workers. There are resources for people who would like to immigrate to or work in Canada. There is also information and advice to help newcomers after they arrive.
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- This legislation governs immigration to Canada and the granting of refugee protection to persons who are displaced, persecuted or in danger.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:11:31