Low personal and corporate taxes
Albertans continue to pay the lowest taxes in Canada. Alberta has:
- A low flat personal tax rate of 10%
- Among the highest basic and spousal exemptions in the country
- No general sales tax
- Among the lowest gasoline tax rate among the provinces
- Low property taxes
Alberta businesses have among the lowest business taxes in Canada due to:
- Low corporate tax rates
- No provincial retail sales tax
- No capital tax
- No provincial payroll tax
Alberta tax information
- Alberta’s economy
- Find information about Alberta’s economic results, cost of living and employment.
- Competitive corporate taxes
- Get specific information about corporate tax rates.
- Low personal taxes
- Compare Alberta’s personal tax rate to other provinces.
- Alberta Budget 2012 Tax Plan
- Alberta’s tax plan aims to maintain the province’s tax advantage.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Learn about the diverse range of industries in Alberta with promising investment opportunities.
Date Updated: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:59:17