Occupational health and safety
Occupational health and safety legislation ensures employers and employees maintain a safe and healthy working environment to minimize the occurrence of workplace accidents.
Alberta occupational health and safety information
- Occupational Health and Safety Legislation (OHS)
- Read Alberta's Occupational Health & Safety Act, regulations, code, OHS Code Explanation Guide, other OHS regulations, appealing Workplace Health & Safety orders and public consultations.
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Workplace Health & Safety promotes health and safety through partnerships, education and enforcement of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Canada occupational health and safety information
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety is a federal government agency that supports health and safety initiatives in the workplace.
- The CanOSH website provides information about occupational health and safety for all jurisdictions (federal, provincial, territorial) in Canada.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Health Canada works with government, Canadian businesses and other organizations to build a healthier and more productive Canadian workforce.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is Canada's national hazard communication standard.
- Workplace Health and Public Safety Program
- The Workplace Health and Public Safety Program (WHPSP) helps Canadian employers maintain and improve the health of their workers. WHPSP provides leadership and policy development in areas that affect workplace health.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 01:12:30