Register your business
Requirements to register a business depend on the type and structure of the business. There are specific processes, forms and fees associated with different business types.
Service Alberta is the Government of Alberta ministry that:
- Manages incorporation, business names and extra-provincial corporations
- Administers the related legal acts and regulations
- Licenses or registers businesses in Alberta
The Service Alberta website provides information about
- Operating a business in Alberta
- Dissolving or reviving a legal entity
- Incorporating a company
- Choosing a business name
- Outlining obligations and responsibilities after incorporating or registering a business
Service Alberta offers a Consumer Tip Sheet with detailed information about licensing and registering a business:
- Businesses Requiring a Licence
- Applying for a Licence or Registration
- Responsibilities as a Licensee
- Business Licence Search
- Corporate Registry Services
- Registration of a Business Name
Find an authorized service provider for registry services. These registry agents process the forms and fees required for licensing and registering a business.
Browse the latest presentations, reports, and reviews on Alberta’s economic performance.
Employment and labour relations
Find out about the employment-related legislation in every province.
Date Updated: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 03:38:00