Alberta Beijing Office
The Alberta Beijing Office (ABO) was established in 1999 and is housed within the Canadian Embassy in Beijing. The ABO:
- Promotes trade and investment opportunities between Alberta and the People's Republic of China.
- Creates a viable business environment for both large and small enterprises.
- Actively seeks cooperation with government and business entities to maximize Alberta's opportunities.
Find information about other Alberta international offices in the region:
Services offered by the ABO to Chinese businesses:
- Connects businesses to Alberta suppliers of products, services and technologies
- Provides information on Alberta companies
- Provides information about Alberta's economy, taxes and regulations
- Counsels prospective investors on investments in Alberta
- Helps with site selection for your Alberta business
- Helps businesses develop and agenda for business trips to Alberta
Services offered by the ABO to Alberta businesses:
- Provides market studies, market research reports and market intelligence on opportunities for selected products and services to help companies develop and execute their marketing plans
- Provides consultation on local business practices and culture and advice on language for Alberta firms wishing to do business in China
- Helps Alberta companies identify potential business partners, as well as business introductions, referrals and appointments, meeting arrangements, hotel accommodations, arrangements for interpreters, etc.
- Provides information and assistance for complying with Chinese trade laws and regulations
Our commercial officers are:
- Fully bilingual
- Experts in various segments of the Chinese economy
- Up to date on the latest developments in Alberta
- Able to help businesses connect with potential suppliers, customers, contacts, agents or distributors
Learn more about the activities of Alberta’s international offices in the Alberta International Offices Annual Business Reports.