- Alberta Labour Market Information provides resources on a wide range of topics, from migrant worker retention rates to information about wages and salary in Alberta.
- HR Series for Employers
The HR Series for Employers features best practices from Alberta Employers like you. From recruitment and retention to employee engagement and to employment legislation, these publications give you tried-and-tested answers to your questions.
- Occupational accreditation fact sheets
Learn about regulated professions in Alberta and about the professional regulatory organizations that oversee accreditation. Find out about the process and costs associated with a worker's becoming certified to work in his or her profession.
( back to top )
Information to help with hiring and retaining workers
- Get the workers you need brochure contains a list of provincial and federal resources that can help employers tackle labour shortages and staff retention challenges.
- alis provides information on human resources management, including training, finding job seekers, labour market trends and workplace issues.
- Alberta’s Employment Services
Learn about programs and services such as income support and newcomer services.
- Alberta Health Services
Learn about health-related programs and services available to all Albertans.
- Government of Canada Job Bank offers free tools to help employers hire, manage and train employees as well as listing federally available programs, services, incentives and grants such as Work-Sharing and training initiatives
- Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Learn about the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system and prevailing wage rates in your region.
- Working in Alberta (PDF)
Help your new hires research their occupation in Alberta and become familiar with the Alberta workplace.
- Hiring and Retaining Foreign Workers (PDF)
Learn about hiring, retaining and settlement, and get tips on using recruitment agencies and immigration consultants.
( back to top )
Employer rules and regulations
Date Updated: Thu, 18 Jan 2018 12:09:49