Eligibility at a Glance
Refer to the CAJG Applicant Guide (PDF) for complete criteria.
- All private sector and non-profit employers in Alberta including sole proprietors
- First Nations and Métis Settlements in Alberta
- Designated Crown Corporations in communities of 100,000 people or less
- New or existing employees that will fill current or future job vacancies
- Unemployed Albertans (unemployed for more than 30 consecutive days and hired by the employer for no more than 4 weeks prior to signing and submitting the CAJG application)
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) entitled to work in Canada who are currently residing in Alberta
- Temporary Foreign Workers, or anyone temporarily working in Canada
- Self-employed individuals, company owners and their immediate family members, board or council members
- A person who will not be employed by the applicant after the training program is completed
- Must be accepted Alberta third-party training providers who are separate and distinct from the employer
- Training must be incremental, meaning that the training is in addition to the employer’s regular operational training, and would not have otherwise taken place without the grant
- Exceptions are made where the trainee is an unemployed hire who requires training, upgrading or bridging before starting the job
- Training must be instructional and result in a credential
- Apprenticeship technical training programs
- Self-study models (e.g. audio books, instructional DVDs, etc.)
Training duration and format
- Minimum 21 instructional hours of training must start within 6 months of approval and be completed within 52 weeks of start date
- Training that starts before grant is approved will not be reimbursed
- Training can be delivered online, on-site, in a classroom or combined, on a part-time or full-time basis
Apply for CAJG now!
Find application forms here.
Date Updated: Wed, 08 Nov 2017 01:29:22