Navigate This Page
- Where can I find population statistics for the Province of Alberta?
- I would like to visit Alberta as a tourist, where can I find useful information?
- How can I get a job in Alberta?
- What is Alberta's Gross Domestic Product?
- What is Alberta’s share of the Canadian economy?
- What is Alberta's labour productivity?
- What is Alberta's capital investment per capita?
- What is Alberta's economic growth rate?
- Where can I find out about the major projects in Alberta?
- Where does Alberta export its products?
- How are Alberta’s exports transported?
- What are the key sectors for ______ industry in Alberta?
- What is the approximate size of ______ industry in Alberta?
- How much revenue does the industry generate?
- How important is the industry to Alberta’s economy?
- Where can I find information on Oil Sands projects?
- How much is Alberta's oil sands investment?
- What share of Alberta's GDP does the oil and gas sector account for?
- Can you help us access the right ministry and/or person within the Government of Alberta?
The Municipal Affairs and Housing website hosts the Alberta Official Populations Lists.
Demographic information is also available online through Alberta Treasury Board and Finance's Alberta Economy page.
Alberta tourism information is provided on the Travel Alberta website. The Travel Alberta website provides maps and information about accommodations and things to see and do, to help you plan a trip to Alberta.
For information about finding a job in Alberta, please visit the Jobs in Alberta page of the Government of Alberta website.
It was $294.7 billion in 2015, roughly the size of the state of Oregon.
Although Alberta accounts for only 12% of Canada's population, Alberta accounts for 18% of Canada's GDP (2015).
What is Alberta's labour productivity?
Labour productivity in Alberta's business sector, measured as real GDP per hour worked, was $71.90 per hour in 2014, the highest of all provinces. Between 2009 and 2014 Alberta's growth in labour productivity was 2.3% per year, the highest growth rate of all provinces.
What is Alberta's capital investment per capita?
In 2015, Alberta's capital investment was $19,716 on a per capita basis, more than two-and-a-half times the Canadian average of $7,046 per capita.
Alberta has the highest average provincial economic growth rate in the nation over the past 20 years. Alberta's average annual GDP growth rate between 2005 and 2015 was an estimated 2.7% per year, compared with Canada's average growth of 1.7% per year.
Where can I find out about the major projects in Alberta?
The Alberta Major Projects Map produced by the Government of Alberta lists major projects in Alberta valued at $5 million or greater that have recently been completed or are currently under construction.
In 2014, approximately 90.2% was destined to the US, with the majority of the remainder shipped to Asia.
Additional information about Alberta's main export markets are provided in the International Market Profiles pages of the Export Your Products section.
The majority of our exports, crude oil and natural gas, are shipped via pipeline, while large segments of the mining, chemical and agricultural sectors move in rail cars.
Please visit the Alberta Industries section of the website and click on the industry you would like to know more about. Areas of expertise are listed in the "About the Industry" section.
What is the approximate size of ______ industry in Alberta? How much revenue does the industry generate? How important is the industry to Alberta's economy?
For industry statistics, please visit the Alberta Industries section of the website and click on the industry you would like to know more about. Industry facts and statistics are listed in the "About the Industry" section.
For additional industry statistics, please see the Industry reports page located in the Alberta Industries section of the website.
The Alberta Oil Sands Industry Quarterly Update on the Statistics and Publications section of our website provides the latest information on projects and activities occurring in the oil sands.
In addition, the Major Alberta Projects database produced by Alberta Economic Development and Trade lists major projects in Alberta valued at $5 million or greater that have recently been completed or are currently under construction. The list includes oil sands projects.
What share of Alberta's GDP does the Energy sector account for?
26.7% in 2014.
Please check out Contact us page for a list of Government of Alberta Employees that can assist you.
If you are trying to contact a specific person within the Government of Alberta, you can look them up in the telephone directory.
Date Updated: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 04:35:01