Welcome to the Employer-Driven Stream self-assessment.
- The self-assessment is available for the Skilled Worker Category and International Graduate Category only.
- A positive assessment means the Candidate and the Alberta Employer qualify to submit an application for consideration under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream Skilled Worker Category or International Graduate Category.
The self-assessment does not guarantee approval and is not a complete set of criteria. Several occupations have additional, specific criteria that must be met.
For information on how jobs are classified in Canada please visit the National Occupational Classification (NOC) website.
The following are NOT eligible under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream:
- Supervisors, foremen and tradespeople, working in an occupation designated as a Compulsory or Optional Trade in Alberta (including Chefs, Cooks, and Line Cooks) are no longer eligible to apply under the Employer-Driven Stream and must apply under the Strategic Recruitment Stream, Compulsory and Optional Trades Category
- Clergy, Elementary and Secondary School Teachers, Professional Athletes and Dental Laboratory Bench Workers
- Semi-Skilled Workers NOT in an eligible AINP industry or occupation
- Refugee claimants or Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary Foreign Workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta
International Graduate self-assessment
Candidate on a Post-Graduation Work Permit who has graduated from an eligible educational institution in Canada and whose job offer in Alberta is classified under NOC 0, A or B.
Skilled Worker self-assessment
Candidate whose occupation requires formal education and/or specialized training and whose job offer in Alberta is classified under NOC 0, A or B.
Date Updated: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 01:24:40