Welcome to the Employer-Driven Stream self-assessment.
- The self-assessment is available for the Skilled Worker Category only.
- A positive assessment means the Candidate and the Alberta Employer qualify to submit an application for consideration under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream Skilled Worker Category.
The self-assessment does not guarantee approval and is not a complete set of criteria. Some occupations have additional, specific criteria that must be met.
For information on how jobs are classified in Canada please visit the National Occupational Classification (NOC) website.
The following are NOT eligible under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream, Skilled Worker Category:
- Supervisors, foremen and tradespeople, working in a Compulsory or Optional Trade in Alberta (including Chefs, Cooks, and Line Cooks)
- Compulsory and Optional Trades are eligible under the Strategic Recruitment Stream, Compulsory and Optional Trades Category.
- Clergy, Elementary and Secondary School Teachers, Professional Athletes and Dental Laboratory Bench Workers
Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process. It is not the mandate of the AINP to intervene in the federal refugee claim, appeal or removal process.
Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary Foreign Workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta
Note: The availability of AINP streams and categories is dependent upon application volumes and labour market needs. The AINP reserves the right to close application intake for any AINP stream or category at any time, without prior notice. Further, the AINP may decline to consider applications to closed or suspended streams or categories, regardless of when the applications were submitted. Changes to the AINP, including notice of suspension or closure of its streams and categories are available on the AINP news page and/or the AINP application forms page.
The AINP is not obligated to assess/process any applications submitted. Applications to the AINP are treated as an expression of interest, and as such, will be processed according to quality of the application (completeness, eligibility), labour market information, occupational supply and demand forecasting, AINP application volumes, and / or any other factors at the AINP’s discretion. By submitting an application to the AINP you acknowledge and agree that your application may not be processed in the order received, or at all. Further, the decision to assess / process any particular application, and the outcome of any such assessment / processing, is at the AINP’s sole discretion. Program criteria are eligibility minimums, and meeting program criteria does not guarantee that an applicant’s application will be assessed, processed, or granted.
Skilled Worker self-assessment
Candidate whose occupation requires formal education and/or specialized training and whose job offer in Alberta is classified under NOC 0, A or B.
Date Updated: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 09:11:38