Work permits

If you are not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada, you will need a work permit to work in Alberta.

Every year, thousands of foreign workers enter Canada to work temporarily to help Canadian employers address skill challenges. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) ensure that these workers will support economic growth in Canada and create more opportunities for all Canadian job seekers.

This section of the website contain links and information for people living outside Canada who are interested in coming to Alberta as Temporary Foreign Workers, for international students who intend to work while they are attending school in Alberta, and for Alberta employers who may be interested in hiring Temporary Foreign Workers from abroad.