Alberta's Employment Standards Code and Regulations set out the obligations of employees and employers for the following:
- days of rest and daily rest periods
- employment of people under 18 years of age
- agricultural workers
- general holidays
- hours of work and overtime
- maternity and parental leave
- minimum wage
- payment of earnings
- statement of earnings and deductions
- termination of employment
- vacations and vacation pay
For more information, see the Alberta Employment and Immigration's Employment Standards website or call 780-427-3731 in Edmonton. You can call toll-free from elsewhere in Alberta by dialing 310-0000, then entering 780-427-3731 after the prompt.
If you set up your own business and employ others, it is your responsibility to know and comply with Alberta's labour laws.
What you need to know
Find out important information before applying to immigrate to Alberta.
Alberta Newcomer Information
Sign up for immigration information that’s relevant to you, delivered to your email inbox.
Date Updated: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 04:43:56