Alberta Japan Office
The Alberta Japan Office (AJO) was founded in 1970 to foster economic development, trade and investment, and cultural relations between the Province of Alberta and Japan.
It is often said that Japanese business is relationship-driven. Personal contacts and introductions are essential to establishing solid business relationships. The AJO is in Japan to increase the prospects for Alberta businesses to succeed in this market.
- The AJO works with Alberta companies to find customers for their products, partners for their projects and investors for their businesses.
- The AJO supports Japanese companies that want to source Alberta products, services or technologies and identify investment opportunities.
Services offered by the AJO to Japanese businesses:
- Provides information on Alberta's economy, taxes and regulations
- Provides information on Alberta companies
- Connects Japanese business to Alberta suppliers of products, services and technologies
- Counsels prospective investors on opportunities in Alberta
- Helps develop tailored agendas for business trips to Alberta
Services offered by the AJO to Alberta businesses:
- Provides market studies, market research reports, and market intelligence on opportunities for select products and services
- Consults on local business practices and provides advice on language and culture
- Identifies potential business partners and makes business introductions
- Makes arrangements for meetings, hotel accommodations and interpreters
- Supplies information and assistance related to compliance with Japanese trade laws and regulations
- Offers access to boardroom meeting facilities for conferences and presentations; Internet access, DVD, whiteboard and audio-visual presentation equipment included
Our fully bilingual office:
- Fosters core industry networks
- Shares market intelligence
- Promoting business, culture and education exchanges
- Offers commercial officers who are specialists in various segments of the Japanese economy
- Provides advice and assists with making the necessary introductions and arrangements to meet potential customers, contacts, agents or distributors
Alberta International Offices Business Report
Learn more about the activities of the Alberta Japan Office.