STEP 2017 Program Eligibility
The following organizations can apply to receive STEP funding:
|Small businesses excluding franchises and corporately owned chains (1-49 employees)||3|
|School boards (Public, Separate, Francophone)||2 - 5*|
|Municipalities, First Nations, and Métis Settlements||2 - 40*|
|Publicly funded post-secondary institutions in Alberta||10 - 35*|
- Federal or provincial governments, including legislative assembly and constituency offices
- Political parties and organizations that are affiliated with a party or group with a political mandate
- Medium (50 - 499 employees) and large (500+ employees) sized businesses
- Franchises and corporately-owned chains
- Publicly funded organizations including emergency services (e.g. police, firefighters, etc.) and health care providers (e.g. hospitals)
- Provincial or federal Crown agencies, boards, and commissions or corporations
- At least 15 years of age
- A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada.
- International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP.
- Resides and/or attends school in Alberta with an Alberta address
- Returning to high school or a post-secondary institution no later than November 1.
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree. Technical training for Apprenticeship is not eligible
- Is available for full-time summer employment
- Participates in only one STEP position during the summer
- Not currently employed in the organization
- Not immediately related to the owners or staff responsible for hiring in the organization
Check the STEP Guidelines for complete criteria. Application forms are found here.
Date Updated: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 04:39:04