Request for Reconsideration
You may submit a request for reconsideration on the decision of your AINP application if the following conditions have been met:
Request for Reconsideration must:
- be submitted within 30 calendar days of the date the decision letter was issued;
- be the only request of reconsideration submitted on the application;
- be submitted by the applicant named on the decision letter.
Grounds for Request for Reconsideration must:
- be directly related to the reason(s) stated in the decision letter; and
- demonstrate that an error was made in applying program criteria to the application.
A Request for Reconsideration cannot be used:
- to ask for an exemption or exception to program criteria;
- as an opportunity to submit new evidence or re-state the evidence submitted in the application;
- if unsatisfied with the final decision or a component of the final decision;
- to request Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration.
To submit a request for Reconsideration to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP), complete the Request for Reconsideration form (PDF), and email it to the AINP.
Once a Request for Reconsideration has been submitted:
- An automated email will be sent acknowledging receipt of the request.
- A response will be issued within 30 calendar days of the date the request was received
- The Request form will be reviewed and an email will be sent notifying the applicant if the request meets the conditions required for a review on the decision of your application.
- If the request meets the conditions required, an officer who was not involved in the original decision will conduct a review of the decision on your application.
There is no guarantee that your request for reconsideration will result in your application being re-assessed.
Only one request for reconsideration per application will be considered. If a decision on a reconsideration request has been made, subsequent requests will not be considered.
If you do not meet the conditions listed above to request reconsideration, you may wish to review the AINP website for information and updates to AINP criteria, to determine if you meet all eligibility criteria to re-apply.
AINP Terms & Conditions
Review AINP terms and conditions before applying.
Date Updated: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 01:45:23