International Mobility Program

The International Mobility Program (IMP) allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The IMP is operated by the Government of Canada.

Who can apply?

If your occupation does not require an LMIA, you can apply for one of these LMIA exempt work permits:

  1. Employer-specific work permit
    This work permit means that you can only work for one specific employer. It is for people who can work temporarily in Canada under the international trade agreements or on an exchange program.
  2. Open work permit
    An open work permit lets you work for any employer for a specific time period. It is open to:

How do I apply to the International Mobility Program?