International Mobility Program
The International Mobility Program (IMP) allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The IMP is operated by the Government of Canada.
Who can apply?
If your occupation does not require an LMIA, you can apply for one of these LMIA exempt work permits:
- Employer-specific work permit
This work permit means that you can only work for one specific employer. It is for people who can work temporarily in Canada under the international trade agreements or on an exchange program.
- Open work permit
An open work permit lets you work for any employer for a specific time period. It is open to:
- international students who have graduated from a Canadian university or college
- spouses/common-law partners of skilled foreign workers and full-time international students
- eligible foreign nationals who are already in Canada awaiting finalization of their permanent residence application
- young people who want to travel and work (Working Holiday) in Canada through the International Experience Canada program
How do I apply to the International Mobility Program?
Questions about the IMP?
Visit the IRCC Help Centre for more information and help with your application.
Learn about Alberta’s communities, regions, geography, climate and services.
Subscribe to our email service to receive information and resources relevant to you.
Date Updated: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 02:25:19