The AINP Employer-Driven Stream is for:
- Alberta Employers who want to retain a foreign worker (Candidate) on a permanent, full-time basis where there is a challenge finding Albertans/Canadians to fill the position.
- Candidates (foreign workers) with a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta Employer who intend to live and work in Alberta permanently.
Am I eligible?
The employer must make a permanent, full-time job offer to a candidate under one of three categories:
Skilled Worker Criteria
For Candidates who have a permanent, full-time job offer from their Alberta Employer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B). Learn more about the Skilled Worker Category criteria.
International Graduate Category
For Candidates who have recently graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution and have a permanent, full-time job offer from their Alberta Employer in a NOC skill-level 0, A, B or C occupation. Learn more about the International Graduate Category criteria.
Semi-Skilled Worker Category
For Candidates who have a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta Employer in a semi-skilled occupation (NOC C or D) that is eligible under the AINP. Only certain occupations are eligible. Learn more about the Semi-Skilled Worker Category criteria.
Who is not eligible?
The following are not eligible under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process. It is not the mandate of the AINP to intervene in the federal refugee claim, appeal or removal process.
- Live-in caregivers currently living in Canada
- Temporary Foreign Workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta.
- International students studying in Canada, including students doing co-op work placements or internships as part of their study program
Note: Review AINP terms and conditions before applying.
Date Updated: Mon, 08 May 2017 04:31:58