Express Entry (EE) is an electronic system for managing permanent residence applications under existing immigration programs. EE is run by the Government of Canada.
Who can apply?
Express Entry is for skilled workers who currently work in Canada or in other countries. Watch the National Occupational Classification (NOC) tutorial to find out if your occupation qualifies.
To apply, you must also qualify for one of following three existing immigration programs:
- Canadian Experience Class
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
Use the online tool Come to Canada to determine if you are eligible. There are various requirements for each program, including language skills, work experience and education.
How can I apply to Express Entry?
- If you are eligible, fill out your online Express Entry profile. It includes language test scores (IELTS, CELPIP or TEF), an Educational Credential Assessment (if needed) and documents your work experience.
- Based on your profile, you will receive a score and be ranked against other applicants in the pool.
- Top candidates will get an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence.
- If you receive an invitation, you have 90 days to submit your application.
- You can try to improve your score to increase your chances of success.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) processes most applications in six months or less. Visit the IRCC website to check your application status.
Express Entry questions?
Visit the IRCC website for detailed information about Express Entry and what to expect in the application process.
Subscribe to our email service to receive information and resources relevant to you.
Date Updated: Wed, 01 Nov 2017 11:40:31