Language Testing Information
To apply under the Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS), you must submit official test results showing that you meet minimum language standards in English or French. You must provide official test results from one of the following:
- CELPIP (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program) General Test (English)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) General Training Test (English)
- TEF (Test d’évaluation de français) (French)
Your test results cannot be more than two years old at the time of application. If you do not have test results or your test results are more than two years old and you intend to apply to the AINP, you should arrange to take a language test as soon as possible and have results from your test before you apply to the AINP.
Use the following link to find dates and locations to take the CELPIP General Test in Alberta, and to register to take the test:
Use the following link to find dates and locations to take the IELTS General Training Test in Alberta, and to register to take the test:
- IELTS Testing Centres - lists all test sittings in Alberta.
Use the following links to find dates and locations to take the TEF in Alberta, and to register to take the test:
If you would like to assess your current level of language skills before taking a test or find training to help you improve your language skills contact:
- In Edmonton: Language Assessment, Referral, and Counselling Centre (LARCC)
- In Calgary: Immigrant Language and Vocational Assessment – Referral Centre (ILVARC)
- In Southern Alberta: Southern Alberta Language Assessment Services (SALAS) in Lethbridge and surrounding area and Karen Ziemann Consultants in Medicine Hat (call 403-527-5062)
Date Updated: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 02:38:40