Finding out more about occupations in Alberta, including details about duties, working conditions and salary ranges, will give you a better idea of what to expect in the workplace.
Work plays a big role in your life, and finding a good balance between your work and personal life is important. With nine statutory holidays throughout the year, you'll have plenty of free time to discover Alberta.
In Alberta, no matter what the industry, employers are looking for specific qualities in new employees. They value people who:
- are honest and trustworthy
- ask questions if they do not understand
- dress appropriately for the type of work
- call if they will be late or cannot come to work
- are prepared, pay attention and follow directions
- work safely and ensure that health standards are met
- are open to learning new personal and technical skills
- are knowledgeable about the organization they work for
- have a positive attitude and show enthusiasm for their job
- are team players who work well with others to achieve a common goal
- have good attendance records and show up for all of their scheduled shifts
- take the initiative to do something when they see that it needs to be done, instead of waiting to be asked
- are on time, whether showing up for work, returning from breaks, going to staff meetings or completing tasks
Nearly all employers and their employees in Alberta are subject to employment standards.
See what hazards may exist on your worksite.
Date Updated: Tue, 04 Oct 2016 04:04:25