Finding a job
Finding work in Alberta can take time, determination, energy, confidence, knowledge and skills.
You need to know:
- what types of work you are qualified for in Alberta
- where to look for suitable work opportunities
- how to present your qualifications to employers
The following section contains information and links to resources that can help you:
- understand the five-step work search process
- gather the information you will need to apply for work
- look for a job
- prepare for a job interview
Canada Job Bank
The Canada Job Bank can help you make well-informed decisions about where to live and work by providing information on:
- job descriptions
- language training
- job opportunities based on your training, experience and needs Search for jobs in Alberta
on the Canada Job Bank.
The work search process
Understand the five steps in the work search process, and prepare to apply to work in Alberta.
Canada Job Bank
Research job opportunities, wages, qualification requirements and more using the Canada Job Bank.
Labour market information centres
Discover resources and explore career options, make education decisions and track your progress.
Using employment agencies
Learn how to use employment agencies and job placement services.
Plan your career path, present your qualifications and experience to employers, and improve your chances of being interviewed for the jobs for which you apply.
Discover the resources for small businesses and self-employment in Alberta.
Subscribe for information and resources relevant to you, delivered to your inbox.
Short-Term Employment Forecast Tool
See Alberta jobs in-demand with the Short-Term Employment Forecast Tool.
Date Updated: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 04:11:01