Alberta's Employment Standards Code and Regulations set out the obligations of employees and employers for the following:
- minimum wage
- general holidays
- agricultural workers
- payment of earnings
- termination of employment
- vacations and vacation pay
- hours of work and overtime
- maternity and parental leave
- days of rest and daily rest periods
- statement of earnings and deductions
- employment of people under 18 years of age
For more information, contact Employment Standards:
- Phone: 780-427-3731 (Edmonton)
Toll-free: 310-0000 (elsewhere in Alberta), then enter 780-427-3731 after the prompt
If you set up your own business and employ others, it is your responsibility to know and comply with Alberta's labour laws.
If you are graduating from school, looking for your first job or just thinking about what you want to do in the future MyWorkQuest can help.
Subscribe for information and resources relevant to you, delivered to your inbox.
Date Updated: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 03:08:39